Ideas: CEO Research Study
Self Belief, Work Goals, Well Being CEOs – Dissertation (Ireland & McAdie, 2015)
How a 6-minute breathing exercise improved well being for CEOS
- Previous research has shown that critical or negative self-talk can reduce a person’s self-belief or self-efficacy to achieve goals at work (also called career self-efficacy).
- Other research has shown that males experience a greater decline in well-being than women if they are unable to achieve financial and career success.
- Failure to achieve important goals can increase frequency of negative self-talk
- Negative self-talk is described at the internal dialogue a person has about themselves that is critical.
MBSR has been shown to:
- Assist a person to accept negative or critical thoughts as just thoughts;
- This allows a person to continue with goal-directed behaviour and pursuits;
- Which results in a person achieving more goals and have better overall well-being.
- A 6 minute MBSR recording was selected to accommodate a busy CEO schedule
- Listen to 4 times per week for 4 weeks
- A statistical difference was found between the Pre- and Post-test scores for the MBSR group for general well-being which supported the hypothesis that MBSR positively influences general well-being.
I hope this information is of value and you are having a Prosperous 2018
Margie Ireland, Founder C-I-T